Now Hiring: Greenhouse Worker
Position Title: Greenhouse Worker
Location: Paint Lick, Ky
Position Summary: Lazy Eight Stock Farm is seeking a person to execute our weekly greenhouse seeding and transplanting schedule. Farm experience helpful but we will train. This job is perfect for individuals interested in beginning a career in organic agriculture, or getting their hands in the soil on a weekly basis. Work time is somewhat flexible, but you must be dependable and able to maintain your set schedule.
- Follow verbal and written instructions from Farm Management for what to plant/seed, where, when, and how
- Direct seed by hand and with the aid of a vacuum seeder
- Transplant seedlings in the greenhouse
- Aiding with plant preparation
- Greenhouse work including soil preparation and seeding
- Occasionally harvesting and weeding crops by hand and with hand tools during peak season
- General farm cleanup
- Hand loading of transplants from greenhouses to wagons
- Plant vegetable transplants by hand or with tractor-operated transplanter
- Maintain organic certification documentation for the greenhouse
- Dependable, hard-working, flexible
- Willingness to maintain required organic certification documentation
- Willingness to work extra hours during seasonal peaks
- Keen sense of detail, and ability to apply it to greenhouse work
- Ability to maintain a schedule, while also being open to a dynamic schedule
- An interest in agriculture and promotion of local and organic farming
- Ability to work effectively in both independent and collaborative settings, contributing to a positive team dynamic
- Prior experience working in a greenhouse
- Basic knowledge of crops, seedlings, and seeds
- Previous experience working in a greenhouse environment
- Willingness to help out on other farm tasks when necessary, including harvest, weeding, and processing/packing produce
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs
- Ability to repeatedly kneel, bend, and squat
- Ability to withstand exposure to varying weather conditions
- Ability to withstand prolonged sitting, standing, and walking
Schedule: Part-time; 3-10 hours/week
Compensation & Benefits: Compensation is dependent on experience. Expected wage range is $8.00-$10.00 per hour. Paid bi-weekly.
Directions for Applying: Please send an email to EAT@LAZYEIGHTSTOCKFARM.COM with the following format. Following specific directions is the first way to impress us!
- Subject Line should read “[Job Title]: [First Initial]_[Last Name]” … For example, “Greenhouse Worker: B_Baumann”
- Email body should be short & sweet – help us notice you! Ensure that it contains your contact information.
- Attach two documents to your email, ensuring that their file names are clear: 1) Resume 2)List containing contact information of two professional or academic references
Thank you for your interest in Lazy Eight Stock Farm! You will be contacted for further information if we find that you might be a good fit for this position.
The responsibilities & duties listed above are intended to communicate general priorities of this position, but should not be understood as an exhaustive list of all work requirements to be completed at Lazy Eight Stock Farm. Farms require flexibility!