FARMERS/ MARKET AND CSA COORDINATOR, Part-time
Weekends and some weekdays, 10-30 hrs/week
Primarily a end of week and weekend work position, this person will be responsible for preparing for farmers markets, loading and driving trucks to and from market, distributing CSA shares, organizing farmers market displays and coordinating staff to attend our weekly markets. Early morning weekend work is a necessity with this position, which includes attending Saturday and/or Sunday Farmers Market. Depending on individual work schedules, there may be several positions available seasonally.
FARMERS' MARKET AND CSA REPRESENTATIVE, Part-time
Weekends, 5-15 hrs/week
The position is focused on retail sales at farmers’ markets, and distribution of CSA shares to members picking up at farmers market. We will have positions available in Berea (Saturdays), Danville (Saturdays), and Lexington (Sundays). This position will include sales, market booth setup and teardown, produce displays, customer service, and record keeping.
FARM DELIVERY DRIVER, part-time
Weekdays 10-25 hrs/week
The delivery driver will be responsible for delivering Lazy Eight Stock Farm CSA shares to our community pickup site in Berea, Richmond and Lexington, maintain our community CSA pickup sites, home delivery of CSA orders, and wholesale produce deliveries going to loading docks and wholesale customers. Experience driving large refrigerated trucks is helpful, but not necessary. A good driving record is very desirable. This is a weekday work position.
IF YOU ARE SEEKING FULL-TIME EMPLOYEMENT A COMBINATION OF THESE POSITIONS OR OTHER FARM WORK MAY BE POSSIBLE. PLEASE EQUIRE ABOUT OTHER EMPLOYEMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
FARM EMPLOYEMENT REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passion for local organic farming, with an understanding of Lazy Eight Stock Farm’s mission.
- Ability to operate professionally and positively in a sales representative position.
- Ability to operate safely in the workplace.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and promote Lazy Eight Stock Farm to customers fluidly and accurately.
- Enthusiasm, good attitude, trustworthiness, personal integrity, and honesty.
- Ability to work autonomously and understand when a superior or peer needs to be involved in decision making.
- Good attention to detail, being mindful of asset security, state of the market station, accuracy of share assembly, and employee/customer relations.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Five years of complimentary work experience.
- Accurate and quick basic mental math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, discount calculation).
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and other pre-employment screening.
- Availability May-October and on weekends.
- Multiple experiences in service, teaching, and/or sales/marketing positions.
- Able to lift and carry up to 30-50 lbs independently.
- Able to tolerate extreme temperatures while maintaining a good attitude.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to bend, kneel, slide, shuffle, push, and pull safely with 25 lbs of product.
- Positive customer feedback about service (and/or low/lack of negative)
- Low/no percentage of discrepancy between recorded sales and monetary calculations
- Maintaining and/or increasing market sales records
- Reliability: no call outs day-of and timeliness is a must. 95% or higher attendance throughout the market season (this allows for 1-2 planned vacation days so long as shifts can be covered by a cooperative solution between the retail staff members).
Compensation: $13/hr, pay commensurate with experience
To apply please contact Bryce Baumann, 859-661-1501 — email@example.com