- FROM THE FARMERS
September and October are my favorite months to be in Kentucky. There’s a chill in the air, the sky is clear, and the humidity is low. Everything seems triggered to get it’s job finished before winter. All the weeds are going to seed, providing the farm with lots of beautiful flowers we can enjoy while we’re swatting flies and pulling grasshoppers off our shirts. Here’s for hoping we don’t end up like the grasshoppers at the end of this season!
WEEK #18 CSA SHARE CONTENTS
ALL OUR PRODUCE IS NOW CERTIFIED ORGANIC!
- RAINBOW SWISS CHARD
- BELL PEPPER
- KENNEBEC POTATOES
- BLACK RADISHES
FARM NOTES & EVENTS
FIND US AT THE LFUCG GOVERNMENT CENTER 3:30-5:00 PM
- Madison County Market @ EKU
- TUESDAY – BEREA FARMERS MARKET, 3:30-6:30 PM
- THURSDAY – MADISON COUNTY FARMERS MARKET, 10:00-1:00 PM @ EKU
- SATURDAY – BEREA FARMERS MARKET, 9:00-12:00 PM
- SATURDAY – LEXINGTON FARMERS MARKET, 7:00-12:00 PM
FROM THE KITCHEN
I came upon this recipe in a blog I regularly check out, and just had to pass it on. We’ll be making some this weekend, and hope you will also. Don’t forget, we’ve got delicious ground turkey from our pasture raised Turkeys.