Position Title: Vegetable Crew Hand
Location: Paint Lick, Kentucky
Position Summary: Lazy Eight Stock Farm is seeking a person to join the farm hand crew. Farm experience is helpful, but we will train. This job is perfect for individuals interested in beginning a career in organic agriculture.
- Follow verbal and written instructions for what to plant/seed/harvest/pack, where, when, and how
- Plant vegetable transplants by hand or with tractor-operated transplanter
- Direct seed by hand
- Hand loading of transplants from greenhouses to wagons
- Aiding with plant preparation
- Greenhouse work including soil preparation and seeding
- Harvesting and weeding crops by hand and with hand tools
- Packing and washing vegetable crops for delivery
- General farm cleanup
- Dependable, hard-working, flexible
- Willingness to work extra hours during seasonal peaks
- An interest in agriculture and promotion of local and organic farming
- Ability to work effectively in both independent and collaborative settings, maintaining a positive team dynamic
- Sense of humor
- Prior experience on farm
- Basic knowledge of crops, seedlings, and soil types
- Previous experience operating tractors & familiarity with related implements
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50lbs
- Ability to repeatedly kneel, bend, and squat
- Ability to withstand exposure to varying weather conditions
- Ability to withstand prolonged sitting, standing, and walking
Schedule: Typically Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 7/8AM-5PM with weekend work and extended hours based on seasonal needs.
Compensation & Benefits: Compensation is dependent on experience. Expected salary range is $8.00-$10.00 per hour. Paid bi-weekly.
Directions for Applying: Please send an email to EAT@LAZYEIGHTSTOCKFARM.COM with the following format. Following specific directions is the first way to impress us!
- Subject Line should read “[Job Title]: [First Initial]_[Last Name]” … For example, “Vegetable Crew Hand: B_Baumann”
- Email body should be short & sweet – help us notice you! Ensure that it contains your contact information.
- Attach two documents to your email, ensuring that their file names are clear: 1) Resume 2) List containing contact information of two professional or academic references
Thank you for your interest in Lazy Eight Stock Farm! We will contact you if we think you might be a good fit.
The responsibilities & duties listed above are intended to communicate general priorities of this position, but should not be understood as an exhaustive list of all work requirements to be completed at Lazy Eight Stock Farm. Farms require flexibility!